Having a great dentist is the same as having a good doctor. You want someone who you can trust, knowledgeable in their field, and at a convenient location for yourself. For this, you have to select a great dentist.
Here are some tips on how to find the perfect match:
- If your search is due to a move, ask your current dentist for a referral. They may know someone who is well respected in the area.
- Ask friends, families, or co-workers about their dentists.
- Ask your medical doctor who they would choose if they were you. It’s more likely your GP knows the type of health care professional you need.
Once you have found some promising candidates, it’s time to check their online presence:
- Website: Are they sharing real patient stories, their philosophy, and the nature of their services?
- Social Media: Look at authentic customer reviews on sites such as Google and Facebook to get better patient insight.
As you narrow down your candidates here’s a few more questions to ask:
- How convenient is the location of the practice? Do they have parking? What’s the closest public transport?
- Do their practice hours align with your schedule and you need weekends or late-night weekdays?
- Do they accept your type of dental insurance? If it’s not specified on their website, give them a quick call.
- Do you require an interpreter? If so, do they have someone fluent in your language on their team?
- If you are usually nervous about a trip to the dentist, what types of anesthesia do they provide?
- Do they treat the problem you are experiencing? Not every clinic covers every single dental treatment
- Do their fees fit in your budget? The fees are commonly dependent on your unique situation so they might only be able to provide a range.
Now finally visiting the practices and experiencing their service will give you the conviction to go ahead:
- Will they give you a no-obligation consultation? And if they do; do you feel connection and trust?
- Is the practice clean, neat, and orderly?
- Are they updating their equipment and treatment procedures? Is it up to date with the latest?
A long method but picking the right dentist for you can save you and your family a lot of trouble down the road. While we hope you chose us, please use the list to find someone who fits you.
Hope you have enjoyed our blog regarding how to select a great dentist. If you have any queries regarding this topic, feel free to ask in the comment section. We are here to assist you.